Litigation Process Explained
Litigation is confusing at best and often scary. We’ve put together a detailed explanation about the 6-step litigation process in family law. Read it if you are involved in a litigated case.
The 6-Step Process We’ll Discuss:
- Pre-litigation – What do you do before you take legal action?
- Case Initiation – The first step in the litigation process.
- Discovery – Get the information you need to prosecute or settle your family law case.
- Mediation – Often required; we’ll discuss what happens.
- Trial Discovery – If you can’t settle, learn how some steps to prepare for trial.
- Trial – Often the final step in the family law litigation process. We’ll also discuss some of the things that may occur after trial.
This process applies to many kinds of family law litigation including divorce, paternity and post judgment modifications.
Knowledge is power and once you begin to understand the family law process it won’t seem so scary or intimidating! Read the detailed explanation of the litigation process here.
If you see anything you would like added, please contact us and let us know!