Over time, people and circumstances change. If you have been through a divorce, paternity or other support matter in the past and now you find yourself in a situation that you cannot continue to keep the previous agreement or Court Order, you may be able to request a modification.

Likewise, you may be a person who has just received a request for modification from the other parent or ex-spouse and you need to assets the merits of their request.

Generally, modification requests should be due to a significant and “permanent” change.  For example, being unemployed for a few days is not likely going to convince a judge that child support should be reduced or terminated.

Modifications can be complex and each situation is different.  A judge will consider many things when considering modifications.

Examples of Common Modifications

Get Experienced Advice About Support and Time-Sharing Modification

If you have been served with a request for modification or you find yourself in situation that you feel requires a change in a Court Order or agreement that you have previously arranged, please contact us and set up a consultation to meet with one of our experienced attorney’s. In order to provide you with comprehensive options we will need to discuss your matter with you in detail.

For Your Reference: